Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) – all vegetarian & vegan doctors: www.pcrm.org
- They have a dozen websites (accessible through pcrm.org), including www.NutritionMD.org where they give nutritional advice for a long list of illnesses – and their 21-Day Vegan Kickstart support program with phone calls, recipes etc.
Dr Doug Graham: The 80/10/10 Diet
- Makes you think about what you’re eating and what your system really needs
- Discusses in detail the three main dietary issues: protein, carbohydrates, fats
- Examines dietary myths, including “healthy” vegetarian dietstyles
- His thesis: If you are healthy, you are naturally active (athletic) – the two go together; can’t be healthy and inactive
- Very solid research, including years’ working with hundreds of athletes and sedentary types
- Lots of simple recipes to get you started
- FAQs at Doug Graham’s website and Testimonials
Dr Richard Schulze, super-strong herbal remedies that work: www.herbdoc.com
- His lively informative Blog (with free downloads on detoxing, etc): https://herbdocblog.com/
- Getting sick and need a remedy? Travelling by plane and need protection? Feel like detoxing? Check out the Schulze line of herbal remedies – they may be just what you are looking for.
- The flu & cold “shots” (small bottle of remedy you sip during day OR drink in one go when you’re “on the verge”) is very effective. If you don’t do anything else, try taking “Protect” (for heart, liver, kidneys). Periodic detoxing: Check out the 5-Day Liver Detox etc listed in the left sidebar at his website.
- Serious illnesses: Follow his “There are no incurables” program
Green for Life – Victoria Boutenko
The China Study – T. Colin Campbell, PhD
Diet for a New America – John Robbins
Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease – Caldwell B. Esselstyn, MD (includes 150+ recipes)
books on the Dean Ornish Heart program – Dean Ornish, MD
PCRM.org has a long list of books on vegetarian/vegan health, recipe books, etc.
PS: This website has helpful info on pomegranates! Maybe good as a resource – but if you’re unwell, go for the vegan info only: http://www.med-health.net/Healthy-Diet.html