Blueberry Ginger Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 handful of blueberries (fresh or frozen organic)
- A nub of ginger root
- 1 medjool date
- A little honey (if blueberries are tart)
- Herb tea or plain water (hot in winter, cold in summer)
- 1 tbsp of Isabgol (psyllium seed husks)
Blend for extra long to get a really smooth texture! You can up the quantities (2 bananas, 2-3 handfuls of blueberries) but I’m always surprised at how tasty and satisfying the simple version is.
Usually I have a blender of Green Smoothie in the morning and a fruit smoothie at night. Scroll down for more smoothie options. My favourite is the Wicked Nightcap 🙂
- Again, all ingredients need to be organic if you want taste as well as vitamins/minerals
- VitaMix is ultra for making smooth smoothies
- I use structured water only. Check out the before/after photos by the European water lab and you’ll see why!
- Water, apple and cilantro (“green dhaniya” in India)
- Put 1 grapefruit in chunks into the blender. No banana.
- Add a little ginger root.
- Add raw green veggies & water, as in the banana-based Green Smoothie
- 1-2 bananas
- 1-2 sp of raw carob powder [Reminder: all ingredients organic > you can order online if not available in local health food store]
- 3-6 cacao beans (whole, raw)
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp mesquite powder (optional)
- Optional: 1 tsp of Slippery Elm OR 1-2 tsp of Psyllium Seed Husks (both of these are great for the intestines & digestive system – may thicken the smoothie into a dessert, especially if you use hot water)
- glass of water (use hot water in winter, if you prefer)
- 2 bananas
- 2-4 dates
- 1+ tsp raw carob powder
- glass of water (hot in winter, cold in summer)